Wednesday, February 08, 2006

new american paintings

I know I have mentioned the New American Paintings mag and site but it is really a useful resource....and by the way the deadline for the midwest submissions is Feb 28 so you still have some time! All you need is 4 slides, resume, and 30 bucks.
Image hosting by Photobucket
This young artist is
arielle sandler...she just graduated in 03 with her BFA.
Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket
This deep blue painting reminds me of detroit artist Adrian Hatfield's piece that was in the marygrove show. Adrian...if you're out there...I would love a piece!

3 Comments:

Blogger John Azoni said...

weird..I was just looking at her work today on her website and thought it was really neat. I'm glad you posted that.

12:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This artist has a very impressive and comprehensive website. Thanks, Ann, for sharing this!

7:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The work is nice, but still a big throwback to the best of Hoffman and others working in the 50's -- many of whom had their work on the cover of SCIENTIFIC AMERICAN oddly enough. My dad was an engineer and got a free subscription. The covers inspired me to become an artist.

All to say, there seems to be a lot of retro (especially neo-neo Expressionism as in Dana Schutz and most the Germans etc); but little that draws a new path for art.

Although it is good to see painting more and more.

11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home