Thursday, February 02, 2006

izzy at the motor city

Tonight's show featured detroit artist izzy alo. Did I mention that this young artist...is actually in grade school! I am not sure her exact age (I am horrible when it comes to guessing kid's ages - I tend to just show how tall they are and hope that the person understands height = age), but I would guess izzy is 7. It is funny because this work was still better than a lot of shows I have been too. It kind of reminded me of LA art, where established artists go back to drawing like a child. There is something very wholesome about looking at a child's work.
Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket
I had my eye on this crazy kitty...too bad it was already sold!
Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket
This is izzy.
Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket
I also wanted the droopy horsey...but again I was beaten!
Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket


Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket
Sorry to miss izzy - who after all this hard work, was home sick....feel better!

8 Comments:

Blogger John Azoni said...

how the heck did a 7 year old get a show there?? that's AWESOME! I want everything! especially the drawing that says "your seatbelt??!" I love kid's artwork. How much were they selling for?

8:51 AM  
Blogger art blogs are fun said...

they ranged from $5-20! ...and she sold a lot of work! go izzy!

9:21 AM  
Blogger John Azoni said...

dang...i wish I had that kind of money when I was 7. I was still paying for packs of gum in pennies that I saved.

11:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good stuff. but why is it that when kids do art everyone thinks its cute. But when kids do medical procedures like brain surgery or drive a car on the freeway, everyone shits hamsters and cries bloody murder.

1:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

huh?

2:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kids art is very refreshing. I have been working with kids for seven years now and they kick adults asses quite often! Less boudaries, less judgement and more
energy!! I would just caution that the child not get into making products..

2:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

way to go izzy!

2:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that show sucked. kids cant draw

4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home