Wednesday, April 19, 2006

all-consumed

Sometimes I go to so many openings that I forget a gallery that I attended! Well...in this case I have images from the Forum Gallery at Cranbrook - remember they have an opening every friday night! This show was called all-consumed: the next show (this friday) is call Obsession.
Image hosting by Photobucket
fancy slurpee ceramics!
Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket
above: colorful potato bags
Image hosting by Photobucket
The opening that I attended seemed to just draw a lot of cranbrook kids - OK all cranbrook kids! I kind of felt like an outsider as I walked around. I think I just was feeling paranoid...like everyone was like "who are you...you don't go to cranbrook!" Cranbrook can be an isolated place but I still highly recommend visiting! Man...whenever I go I start to get that tingle inside that I should go to grad school...then I could paint again all day long!
Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi ann,
i'm so happy you've been covering the forum gallery shows! i agree that cranbrook really can be an isolated place. i worked at the art museum for a couple of years, and living in detroit, often felt frustrated at the lack of exchange between cranbrook and detroit. it seems like it happens for a number of reasons. but there are so many talented and enthusiastic students there that really do want to know what goes on beyond bloomfield hills.

also i'm sure you already know, but just in case--the student graduate show is opening this upcoming saturday at the art museum!

12:43 PM  
Blogger art blogs are fun said...

yes, yes! I know...is there any way I can get a free pass to cover the show on the blog?

6:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the opening sat. is free

8:15 AM  
Blogger art blogs are fun said...

humm...I thought I got this coupon in the mail for the show...like a buy one get one free admission? I thought the opening was free...I have gone ever year. Ok, nevermind!

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home