Sunday, January 29, 2006

kim and anderson at Hilberry


Image hosting by Photobucket
It is great how kim's geometric forms transfer to photographs - they make atmospheric distortion like the piece is melting or crumbling.
Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket



I might also add that this show was affortable to almost any collector. Kim's smallest wood form was only $500!
Image hosting by Photobucket



Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket
Image hosting by Photobucket



The "meat" painting was a favorite of mine...too bad it was already sold...

Image hosting by Photobucket
Image hosting by Photobucket

Anderson's paintings looked like colorful candy that melted onto a canvas...very yummy in texture.
Image hosting by Photobucket
Image hosting by Photobucket
I think this one was a bundle of red and green peppermints that melted.....Joking aside, I did really enjoy the surface quality in andeson's works, although in the long run I don't know if I would want to look at one everyday.

Image hosting by Photobucket
Image hosting by Photobucket




Image hosting by Photobucket



Image hosting by Photobucket



Image hosting by Photobucket

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My initial thought on Anderson's paintings was "why are they the standard rectangular canvas?" When I look at them I see them expanding beyond the confines of the edge of the canvas. I think they need to be free floating, organic forms much like the shapes the texture creates on the canvas. I think they would hold up better as more natural, flowing masses . They just seem to be forced into a rectangle and that is bothering me. The work has so much potential to be more contemporary than it is now.

12:07 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

1:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home