Saturday, September 10, 2005

KIDD opening

It is funny how much impact a location and gallery space has on art.  KIDD Gallery in Birmingham, to many young artists represents stuffy saleable art for yuppies.  I decided to make my way to KIDD even though many of my peers disregarded the opening. To my surprise I enjoyed the opening. Yes...you could smell the money...but I can't knock a gallery that is successful.  KIDD is one of those rare galleries that is actually prospering now...imagine that!?  The art was focused and "pretty". "Pretty" art is my description of art that is not amazing but visually pleasing enough to put behind your sofa. It isn't distracting and it has nice qualities...you can't really say anything awful about it because it is trying.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Cathy Daley....wowwy..look at those gams!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Richard Knight...now that I look back, I think I really like this piece.  I think it might be at the top of my list all night? hummm..
Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Can I say Cy Twombly? oh, well...I still like it.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com



Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


I decided that this black and white horse print would be "pretty" for my hallway.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Come on...we all need a piece of fake dog art, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home