Sunday, January 07, 2007

gm style

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I didn't make it to Automation last night. I had every good intention of going, but let's just say better things kept coming up! I attended the big gm style event: jimmy kimmel hosted the event starting on the red carpet and introduced the runway event where each celeb pranced down the runway with a shiny car in tow behind them. After scarfing down fancy catered foods like shrimp, mini racks of lamb, and burgers, I took my seat to watch the over-done-up celebs take center stage.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
jimmy's new mustached look...not sure if it is working!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
jay-z opened the event introducing his new "jay-z blue" color on a denali.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
carmen electra shook her stuff down the runway. I realized celebs are much smaller in person...and wear a lot of make-up at events like this.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
cheryl hines from curb your enthusiasm
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
jennifer hudson from dream girls
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
nick cannon

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
cari dee (america's next top model)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
even 90's hunk christian slater
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
the new concept Holden
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
new 09 convertible camaro
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
kwame was doing the night up in style too and had his entourage
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
OK, so best part: I ended up backstage where all the action was happening. I talked with one of the back up musicans with john legend and some of his family friends. I also chatted it up with cari dee's (america's next top model winner) publicist and scored a great pic with cari dee! The guy in the tan shirt (above) is james blunt (you know the song "you're beautiful") who was there supporting his model girlfriend.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
And on the couch just a few feet in front of me...jay-z and nick lachey with vanessa minnillo drinking beer and watching the football game on an older tv with fuzzy reception.
From there I went to the ren cen's coach insignia where all the stars went to party on the 72nd floor overlooking the city. As for last night, it was a great night...even if there was no art involved. In the land of famous people, I did see in action how important connections are and how it is as easy as striking up a simple conversation to get a small break. I am not saying that I would want to live my life going to events like this but the more people you meet the more likely it is to have a door open for you.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm impressed that you knew who any of those celebrities were. I guess being an artist allows for a lot of time to watch TV. By the way, what's a Holdon? Or did you mean Holden?

5:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lou
I guess being a jerk allows for a lot of time to read other people's blogs and make jerky comments.

6:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, looks fun. I bet that ass from the metro times sat on the corner of his bed watching cinemax and crying into is pillow.
You go, two snaps, girl.

Lou, go shove a bottle up your ass and have someone step on it.

8:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ann, that's great you were able to take a break from the art world for a night. Great photos!

popo, you crack me up!

10:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're such a starfucker Ann! You go girl!

11:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw Dreamgirls the other night at the RenCen theater.

Awesome! Ann, you took a picture of Jennifer Hudson, a shoo-in for the Oscar!

[Can I go with you the next time? I will carry you cameras!]

6:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

alltimelow

1:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i agree, this has nothing to do with what this blog is supposed to be about .

11:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what's this blog "supposed to be about"?

it's ann's blog. it's about whatever ann wants it to be about. START YOUR OWN BLOG WITH CRAZY RULES.

1:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nick Cannon supporting two lipstick marks on both of his cheeks from Minka Kelly and another from unknown actress that he kept both lipstick prints on his cheeks for the rest of the show what a moron!

9:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still can't believe no one tried to wipe the lipstick stains off Nick Cannon's cheeks and he kept them on the entire event. Nick looks completely silly and dumb walking around with two big lipstick marks on both cheeks I would make fun of him or wipe them off if I was there.

4:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home