Wednesday, May 18, 2005

DIA and CCS: a new relationship?


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Other city's have animals...but Detroit has crazy concept cars. How long before these cars are a graffiti targets?
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I went downtown to take another look at the ccs student exhibit and was shocked to see the green lawn of the campus being ripped apart!  At first I thought, "Oh, no....now what are they destroying downtown?" But this construction has an upside.  The DIA is donating sculptures to CCS.  They are putting in brand new landscaping and a new sculpture park.  It is nice to see that all those tickets sold to attend the opening night went to something.  My source on this was a man sitting in a folding chair working the ccs student show so I could be a bit off but I felt his story was believable given the blueprint picture I later found.  The man told me that the sculptures were just sitting in the basement storage at the DIA so that's why they wanted to lend them to CCS. 
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I think that this is a great idea.  It will draw more attention to CCS and provide a better campus green for the students and art enthusiasts to frolic in.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

they started all this on monday while i was down there visiting. by lunch time there were pushed aside layers of sod that resembled dead sea lions or ancient dinosaurs. it's a mess down there right now but i'm excited to see what comes of it and how soon.

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home