Tuesday, April 03, 2007

art in egypt and beyond

Tonight I am traveling to Egypt...well not really, but the internet is a wonderful thing! I stumbled upon this site with this great online magazine that I haven't even begun to sink into yet but I like the different perspective and it feels strange and comforting when you can feel connected to someone in another far away country just because you make art. The art world likes to focus on NY, LA, Berlin, China, and London but what about those other countries...especially the eastern european and middle eastern countries? Who knows, maybe I will be covering art fairs in Dubai soon!
Iman Issa - Cairo, Egypt.
Golden House. 2003 Installation: wood structure similar to houses in the area, covered with golden glitter. There was a mattress inside.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home