Monday, June 19, 2006

ny ny ny

The one thing that I find about traveling is that after a couple days I am settled into being on the go and feel like I never want to go home! I tend to imagine at the airport that I am jet-setting to another country like japan and I have abandoned all responsibilities waiting for me. But like all good things, they must end and now I have a few art tidbits to share. Here are a few teaser pics of what the current art scene is like in chelsea at this moment. Stay tuned for the full ny report :)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This piece says it ALL! ;-(
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The "incredible hulks" were up two and the audience of jesuses cheered...GOAALLL! NY has some soccer fever!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Naked ladies and darling kitties...is there anything better? I love contemporary art...I don't even know if I am joking or serious anymore!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Hello mr. katz...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Art in chelsea is everywhere...even on this railing outside a gallery. I can't tell you what I asked the "all-knowing hot dog" though!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This painting although repulsive grew on me...and the rest were of the same nature. And guess what? This gallery sold about 4 for the cool price tag of around 15K!

2 Comments:

Blogger no-where-man said...

;-( - 2 roebling hall? that was a great show... and for kudos 2 team .. celebrity sells. period.

10:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The last work is repelling but to the point and its good to know there are people out there willing to support and buy. Like the fitting connection to Bosche there.
Sodom revisited. Lot's wife was a martyr as she looked back with compassion. I can't believe the minimum wage was not upped yesterday. The average person is still stuck at $5.15 an hour. Thats where I was in 1992 pushing grocery carts! Dysfunction..

9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home