Thursday, April 28, 2005

the fall of painting

There is an interesting article on artnet.com on the decline of contemporary painting. I think that artists these days are more concerned with the "shock value" than anything else. It is great to have artists pushing limits and trying new things but I still get cravings for just a nice painterly painting.

The Decline and Fall of Painting
by Charlie Finch
"It’s a paradoxical truism that, in an era with more art-world energy, action and money in play than ever, bad derivative painting is everywhere...."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi ann :)

I got your email and then a day later, everytime that I'd try to re-read it, it would be mysteriously gone. Your name would be in my inbox but your email would be missing. lol..It reminds me of some kids show I would have watched, "The case of the disappearing email"...hehe..I have a livejournal, my username is british311. I'm not finding the Cranbrook stuff though?

2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home