Wednesday, August 24, 2005

I want your feedback...

Just a little reminder to stay posted because tomorrow I attend a crucial meeting to help determine the fate of The Detroit Artist Market (DAM). Since the loss of Aaron Timlin things have gone downhill and mean while Mary Harrison (formerly of C-pop) has been filling in. I think the problem with DAM is that it doesn't keep it's members informed of upcoming shows to enter and also I noticed towards the end of Timlin's run there that it seemed to be the same group of artists showing. I think that DAM needs an organized director that knows contemporary art and knows detroit. They have to be able to get collectors to notice DAM again and keep people interested in DAM. Artists need a place to show contemporary art and DAM is a great place for that. DAM should function like an a contemporary museum space.

So now I ask you - to add comments on what needs to happen to DAM. That way I can bring them up with the forum tomorrow morning! Thank you!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn - I mean, DAM !

You got it sussed out correctly in my opinion. Especially about the seemigly apathetic line up of same ol same ol that shows there.

New curator(s) indeed - and I can think of several up and coming peeps that have been discussed here and elsewhere.

Dig the New Breed !

Let us know how the meeting goes. It is essential that DAM survives and prospers. Thatll be a dark day if we all sleep while it implodes.

9:15 PM  
Blogger art blogs are fun said...

make sure you check out the metro times cover story....DAM!

11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home