Sunday, March 25, 2007

art/music @ MOCAD



MUSIC AT MOCAD: TIME STEREO presents PRINCESS DRAGON MOM'S "PASSPORT TO INFINITY"

The more I look at art the more I wonder how I perceive and process art. Just the other day I was explaining an art idea of mine that involved setting up a time-lapse camera to record business people tripping on a cord at a trade event I was at; the person I was telling this to asked, "How is that art?" I don't know if I am just going to the art dark side: meaning that I see everything as being about art when maybe more filter should be in place. Another example was when I was watching the band play and I was like this is really amazing - they are really pushing the boundaries of what is music...or is this just a bunch of guys just making noise and kicking stuff around? Yeah, when I start to think about those contradictions it starts to make my arty-farty brain hurt.

In case you haven't kept up on MOCAD news/events, the museum is expanding beyond just visual art shows and having live band performances, movies, talks ... a new garden and even that fancy cafe they have been saving up for, which will open in may.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hasn't this concept been done somewhere before locally? can't seem to remember the name off of the top of my head though...

8:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

artspace

5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home